I nabbed this recipe from my friend Chera -- she blogs, but since it's sort of a family blog, I won't link it here for her privacy.
This was tasty -- very much like a sausage sandwich with peppers and onions...except over pasta. with chicken. :-)
Nice and quick as well!
16 oz. pasta, cooked according to directions.
Drain and toss in bowl with 2 T. olive oil.
1 lb. Chicken, cubed
3 italian sausage links, cut into 1/2" pieces (I assume hot or sweet is fine here...)
1 red onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
10-12 mushrooms, quartered
2 cloves garlic, minced
- Saute chicken and sausage in 2 T. olive oil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan, drain drippings.
- Add a little more oil and saute veggies.
- Add garlic when veggies are almost done.
- Add chicken and sausage back to pan to mingle flavors.
- Serve with noodles and season with salt, pepper, and Parmesan and/or Romano cheese.
(Chera says don't forgo the Parmesan cheese -- it really makes the dish (as evidenced by this picture I took of DH's plate after he added half a container of parm to it.)