Sunday, March 22, 2009

Crockpot Orange-Apricot Pork Chops


I got this recipe from A Year of Crockpotting -- I'm always looking for crockpot meals we actually like, because they're super-convienent when DH or I have an evening work meeting or a busy schedule.
Unfortunately, I think I find more duds than recipes I like ;(
This recipe isn't a dud, per se, which is why I'm still writing about it. If you really like cinnamon, cloves, and ginger, you'll probably like this dish.

I, on the other hand, continually forget that I HATE cinnamon, cloves, and ginger, unless apple cider is involved.

Alas, we weren't big fans of this -- but I still think you should try it if you like the flavors above.

Crockpot Orange-Apricot Pork Chops

6 pork chops (I used 4 large boneless ones)
1 cup apricot jam
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (I cut this down to 1/4 -- felt 1/2 was too much)
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1 (11-ounce) can mandarin oranges (and juice!)

Directions
- Put pork chops into your crockpot.
- In a small bowl, combine jam, brown sugar, and spices.
- Spoon over pork chops.
- Add the entire can of mandarin oranges evenly over the top.
- Cover and cook on low for about 8 hours, or on high for about 4.
- Serve with rice to soak up the yummy juice.

No comments: