Sunday, March 8, 2009

Crockpot Ranch Pork Chops

Apologies for no pictures! It isn't a particularly photogenic, anyway...lol

These were actually really delicious. However, definately NOT low fat. I think you could tweak the recipe, though, to make it a little more figure friendly...



We'll be making these again! It's a great recipe when you've got that lonely set of pork chops in the fridge or freezer and can't figure out what to do with them.



My only comments are that a)you really don't NEED the full 8 ounces of cream cheese. My leftover 4 oz. was fine. and b) Even with thinning out the sauce before I cooked it, I found myself adding a little more milk at the end of cooking, because I thought the sauce was still a little thick.



Crockpot Ranch Pork Chops

(A mixture of Picky Palate and La Fuji Mama's recipes)



1 can Cream of Chicken soup

3-8 ounces of cream cheese (this depends on your preference. I had 4 oz. left from a previous recipe, so I just added that instead of the full 8 oz)

1 packet (0.4-oz.) of Ranch dressing mix

4 Tbsp. butter

4-5 pork chops



Directions

- Put butter and cream cheese in a bowl, and microwave for 1-2 minutes to soften the cream cheese and melt the butter

- Add cream of chicken soup and Ranch dressing mix and mix until ingredients are somewhat blended together (it's okay if it's a bit chunky)

- At this point if you desire a thinner sauce, add 1/2 cup of milk and mix (I did this because I wanted more of a gravy consistency)

- Place pork chops in bottom of crockpot and pour mixture over the top

- Cook, covered, on high for 5 to 6 hours (or on low for 7 to 8 hours), until the meat is tender and easily pulls away from the bone or breaks apart

- (The edges may start to get very brown towards the end of cooking time--don't worry, that's normal!)

- Serve over rice.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

These are on our menu this week, glad to hear they turned out well for you.

What's Cookin Chicago said...

This looks like a great recipe... and my husband loves anything with ranch flavor!