Sunday, January 11, 2009

Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breasts


Oh my god these were good. And, fast enough for a weeknight, but "nice" enough to serve to company!

We'll definately be putting these in our rotation!

Bacon Wrapped Chicken (Stuffed with Cheese and Spinach)
(Adapted from: A Taste of Home Cooking)

1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts (this was 3 in my package)
black pepper
salt
4 oz. low fat cream cheese, softened
2 handfuls of fresh spinach, chopped
9 slices of bacon (3 on each breast)

Served with:
Mashed potatoes: 6-8 red potatoes, peeled and cubed, milk, butter
1 lb. fresh green beans, steamed

Directions
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F
- Cut a slice in the thickest part of the chicken breast, making a pocket in the breast to stuff
- Combine the softened cream cheese, chopped spinach, salt and pepper to taste, and stuff into the pocket in each chicken breast.
- Wrap each chicken breast tightly with the slices of bacon, covering the meat
- Place the chicken breasts in a roaster pan with a drip tray (or just a nonstick cookie sheet will do as well -- but your juices and fat will accumulate on the bottom of your chicken) and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until bacon is crispy and chicken is firm to the touch.




3 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

I've been seeing this recipe here and there lately and I'm really tempted to make it soon... I just have to beat my husband to the bacon before he enjoys it for breakfast...lol

Leslie Craven said...

I'll be making this soon! My husband will be sold because of the bacon - ahh, hahh - he'll be getting spinach too!

Anonymous said...

I'm smiling at your comment about these being nice enough to serve for company. I say that all the time to my husband, "Honey! I could actually make this for people!" lol They look great! I love the combo of chicken and bacon.