Thursday, October 9, 2008

Sunshine S'mores Cupcakes

First, I have no idea why these are "Sunshine" S'mores Cupcakes. For me, they're just S'mores Cupcakes.

I made these because I had 1/2 jar of Marshmallow Creme left from making S'mores Bars. These were pretty good, but not nearly as good as the Bars!

They did provide some cute photos, though...

S'mores Cupcakes

1 (18.25 oz) French Vanilla cake mix
2 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs
1 1/2 cups water
3 egg whites
24 milk chocolate candt kisses
1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 (7 oz) jar marshmallow creme

Directions
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line 24 muffin cups with paper liners
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, 2 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs, water, and egg whites
- Beat for 2 minutes at high speed of an electric mixer
- Divide the batter evenly among paper-lined cups, filling about 2/3 full
- Place a chocolate kiss in each cupcake, pressing in lightly
- Spoon 1 teaspoon graham cracker crumbs onto each cupcake
- Bake at 250 degrees F for 18 to 25 minutes (Mine took exactly 18)
- Remove from oven and top each cupcake with 1 teaspoon marshmallow creme -- dip spoon into hot water to prevent sticking
- Return to oven for about 1 minute to melt slightly

Notes:
- For the hot water/spoon trick, I had to dip my spoon in hot water before EVERY spoonful of creme or I got a sticky mess
- I also moistened my fingertips, and that allowed me to scoop the creme out of the spoon and try to arrange it on the cupcakes with minimal stickiness
- These are WAY BETTER warm, so if you have leftovers, just pop them in the microwave for 10 seconds to heat everything up again.

No comments: