I had never eaten turkey burgers until I met DH. His family has a simple, effective, and delicious recipe for turkey burgers.
I serve them with many different sides -- but most commonly German Potato Salad, or the Homemade Mac n Cheese recipe in my blog.
Simple Turkey Burgers
1 lb. ground turkey
3 scallions, finely chopped
1/2 - 3/4 cup breadcrumbs (use enough to combine)
- Chop the scallions and add them to the turkey
- Add the egg and breadcrumbs
- Dash of salt and pepper
- Mix the ingredients together (your hands work best)
- Score the meat into 4 by making a cross in it (this will give you 4 LARGE burgers)
- Heat a skillet on medium/medium high heat with 1 1/2 tbsp butter and a splash of olive oil
- Form burgers, and place in the heated skillet to cook
- Cook approximately 8 minutes and then flip, cooking until no longer raw in the center.
We serve them simply -- a bun and a dollop of ketchup.