I grew up eating this plain/simple dessert. It "feels" like a light dessert, but don't be fooled -- it still contains an entire can of condensed milk!
This dessert is especially good in the summer -- it's a frozen dessert, so it's a refreshing, and it keeps for a long time (A few weeks) in the freezer, so it's easy to have on hand.
2 tbsp butter
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 tbsp graham cracker crumbs for topping
- Melt butter and mix with graham cracker crumbs, then press into the bottom of an 8x8 dish
1 (21 oz) lemon pie filling
1 small can, Eagle Brand Condensed Sweetened Milk
1/2 cup "Real Lemon" juice
- Beat ingredients together until smooth, then pour the lemon mixture on top of the graham cracker crumbs
1 (8 oz) Cool Whip
- Spread Cool Whip on top of lemon mixture, and sprinkle remaining graham cracker crumbs on top
- Freeze for at least 3 hours before serving. To serve, sit out at room temperature for 15-20 minutes to make it easier to cut.
- To make it "fancy": slice lemons thinly and place on top of cool whip.