Sunday, December 7, 2008

Meatball Subs

I'm always trying new meatball recipes -- I just can't quite find one I really like.



This is this week's version. It's tasty, but it's still not quite what I'm looking for.

Meatballs always end up tasting like meatloaf to me...which leads me to believe they need more spice in them. Anybody have one to reccommend for my next trial run?



Italian Meatballs
(Brown Eyed Baker)


1 lb. ground beef
1 egg
1 teaspoon dried Italian parsley
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 cup breadcrumbs, divided
1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
1/4 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder


Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Combine 1/4 cup breadcrumbs with milk and let soak for 10 minutes
- Combine with all remaining ingredients and shape into balls
- Bake for 30 minutes, then add to sauce. If you want to cook them the whole way in the oven, cook for 40-45 minutes, depending on size.

1 comment: