Check out my crazy 1962 countertop. Nice amoebas, eh?
Okay, important stuff first. You must make these. Don't like almonds? Use pecans. peanuts, cashews. WHATEVER. Just make it.
You know when you go to the fair, or sporting events, and they have the roasted nuts covered in cinnamon sugar? Well, this is the homemade version. And they.are.awesome!
I daresay they'd even be a cute food-related gift for the upcoming holidays! Put them in a nicely decorated jar, and you're ready to go!
I will warn you I had trouble finding a big bag of plain almonds. People tell me the warehouse clubs have them, but I had trouble with my grocery store and Walmart. Just a warning!
And I think 4 cups of almonds is just shy of 1.5 lbs. If that helps.
Cinnamon Roasted Almonds
(Kara's Kitchen Creations)
1 egg white
1 tsp water
1 tsp vanilla
4 cups whole almonds
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
- Beat the egg white, water, and vanilla in a large glass bowl until frothy.
- Stir in the almonds to coat
- Mix the brown sugar, granulated sugar, salt and cinnamon together and sprinkle over the almonds, stirring until well coated.
- Pour onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
- Bake at 250 degrees F for 60-90 minutes, stirring occasionally
- You want the almonds to be toasted, but don't let them burn!