Sunday, December 7, 2008

Christmas Cookies: Spritz Cookies


I'd never made -- never HEARD of spritz cookies until I got married.

I received a cookie press at my bridal shower, and quickly discovered the only "cookies" I could make with it were apparently something called spritz cookies.

Well, we got married in November of 2007 -- and just now, this weekend, the cookie press made it's debut. Surprisingly, it worked really well! I had the dough stick a couple of times, but all-in-all it worked out.

The cookies have a nice buttery/almond-y flavor to them. I like them and they're easy to make!

Spritz Cookies
(Lovestoeat, by way of Wilton)

9 dozen cookies

1 1/2 cups butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder

Directions
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F
- Thoroughly cream the butter and sugar
- Add the egg, milk, vanilla and almond extracts and beat well
- Stir together flour and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture, mixing to make a smooth dough
- Do not chill your dough!
- Place the dough in a cookie press and press cookies onto an ungreased cookie sheet (I added sprinkles to mine at this point before I baked them)
- Bake for 5-7 minutes, remove cookies from sheet, cool on rack

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

a spritz virgin?!? who woulda thunk...

just wait 'til you get around to turnign them pretty colors, you'll be a pro in no time :o)

What's Cookin Chicago said...

The holidays wouldn't be complete without a spritz cookie! Great job :)